Confined Space Rescue Training
Confined Space Rescue Training
For any facility that expects to have their employees enter Permit-Required Confined Spaces, the ability to rescue trapped or injured employees from those spaces is a basic OSHA requirement. Many facilities assume that the local Fire Department will provide this service. In reality, very few Fire Departments are trained in Confined Space Entry and even fewer provide Standby Rescue services for industries.
For Permit-Required Confined Spaces that have a hazardous atmosphere, a Confined Space Rescue Team must be at the facility. Our Confined Space Rescue Specialists design and deliver training programs based on the type and location of Confined Spaces at your facility. Pre-planning and rigging for Confined Space emergencies can prevent a medical emergency from resulting in fatalities.
Mobile Training Simulator
HazMat Solutions emphasizes safety and non-entry rescue. A mobile Confined Space Simulator is available for on-site training. During Confined Space Rescue Training, each participant conduct rescues in both vertical and horizontal spaces using a tripod and various types of retrieval systems. Basic and advanced mechanical rope rigging systems will also be designed for safe rescue where tripods are not an option. All training is designed to exceed OSHA’s Confined Space Rescue Team requirements.
Confined Space Rescue training is required for any individual who, during the course of their employment, is expected to make rescues from Confined Spaces. For Permit-Required Confined Spaces that have a hazardous atmosphere, a Confined Space Rescue Team must always be on hand at the facility.
A combination of drills and workshops elicit a response to chemical emergencies or other Confined Space issues by personnel that is learned, practiced and implemented on demand–almost automatically. An 8 to 40-hour course will be developed by our Technical Rescue Specialist, with content customized to match any facility’s specific needs.
- All Team members will learn how to operate in an Incident Command Structure to safely remove an injured employee
- Patient packaging, rope rescue techniques, rigging and advanced rescue techniques
- How to use ventilation and continuous air monitoring
- An understanding of the use and maintenance of personal protective equipment, including chemical suits, gloves, self-contained breathing apparatuses (SCBA) and supplied air respirator
- An understanding of preplanning for rescues at your facility
- An understanding of the appropriate rescue techniques necessary for a written Confined Space Program
- OSHA requirements for annual demonstration of competency for on-site or off-site Rescue Teams
Specialized Confined Space Rescue Programs
HazMat Solutions has developed custom training programs for the Pentagon Force Protection Team, National Guard Civil Support Teams as well as High Angle Rescue Industrial Confined Space Rescue Teams for silos, towers and chemical tanks.
“I really love that they take the time to understand our business so [the training] is relevant, and the hands-on portions, for our employees, make it memorable. I’ve always been satisfied.”