Confined Space Entry Training
OSHA Permit-Required Confined Space Training
During this 8-hour program, participants learn the proper procedures for entering a Permit-Required Confined Space. Each participant will be able to function in Confined Space Operations as an Entrant, Attendant, or Entry Supervisor. This Confined Space Training course combines classroom instruction and practical application in actual Permit Spaces using the appropriate personal protective equipment, air monitors, and ventilation. Our Confined Space Simulator may be available for training.
Mobile Training Simulator
HazMat Solutions emphasizes safety and non-entry rescue. A mobile Confined Space Simulator is available for on-site training. During Confined Space Training, each participant conducts vertical and horizontal entries using a tripod and various types of retrieval systems. Basic mechanical rope rigging systems will also be designed for entries where tripods are not an option. All training exceeds OSHA regulations. Due to the customized nature of our training our Instructors will make recommendations on site specific equipment which usually results in a reduction and initial equipment costs and annual maintenance.
Permit-Required Confined Space Entry training is for any employee that is expected to enter or function as an Attendant, Entrant or Supervisor for an entry into a Permit-Required Confined Space.
- An understanding of Confined Space Entry, Attendant, Supervisor roles and responsibilities
- How to use Confined Space Equipment, including: Harnesses, Tripods, Winches, Davit Arms, Rigging Equipment, Ropes, Webbing, Carabiners, Pulleys, Prusiks, Anchor Bolts, Beam Clamps, Fall Arrest and Systems
- How to identify all hazards in a Confined Space
- When is ventilation and air monitoring required
- An understanding of Lock Out/Tag Out, as well as blanking and blinding
- How to construct basic rigging for entry and retrieval
- An understanding of the use and maintenance of personal protective equipment, including chemical suits, gloves, boots, harnesses, life lines and fall protection
Service Area for Mobile Confined Space Simulator
While we provide training throughout the U.S., due to travel consideration, we service an approximately 200 mile radius including all of Michigan’s lower peninsula and parts of Ohio, Indiana, Illinois and Wisconsin with our mobile Confined Space Simulator trailer. Please contact us to discuss if your location is within our service area.
Please note: Confined Space Training can be conducted in your facility’s Confined Spaces and anywhere within the continental U.S. This service radius is ONLY for our mobile simulation training trailer.
“I really love that they take the time to understand our business so [the training] is relevant, and the hands-on portions, for our employees, make it memorable. I’ve always been satisfied.”