Hazardous Material Training
Technician Level Training
Chemical emergencies require lightning quick responses to save lives, minimize property damage and prevent harm to the environment. For these crucial situations, you need a fully equipped HazMat Team – and that means HazMat Technician Level-trained employees. Our HazMat Specialist will bring a fully-equipped HazMat trailer with SCBA’s, chemical suits, air monitors and training props to simulate actual chemical spills.
Our industry‐leading interactive training techniques can’t be found anywhere else. By using computer simulation and comprehensive hands‐on instructional methods, we train your staff for all likely spill scenarios at your facilities. To supplement minimal class lectures, our instructors introduce problem‐solving exercises and HazMat Video Games to further engage trainees. Each team member dons Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and functions under the Incident Management System.
Hazardous Materials Technicians are individuals who respond to releases or potential releases for the purpose of stopping the release. They assume a more aggressive role than a First Responder at the Operations Level in that they will approach the point of release in order to plug, patch or otherwise stop the release of a hazardous substance. Hazardous Materials Technicians shall have received at least 24 hours of training equal to the First Responder Operations Level and in addition have competency in the Class Topics listed and the employer so shall certify.
Our HazMat Specialists train your staff in a range of essential topics, including:
- Recognizing and evaluating a hazardous materials incident
- Organizing the Response Team and protecting the lives of responders & employees
- Identifying and using response resources, equipment and air monitoring
- Implementing basic control and containment measures
- Sharpening decision‐making skills to protect the public and the environment
- Chemical and physical properties of hazardous materials
- Identifying Hazardous Materials and their toxic properties
- Using Direct‐reading instruments and Personnel Protective Equipment
- Using Information sources as part of the company’s Standard Operating Procedures
Since 2000, HazMat Solutions’ staff have instructed thousands of private industry Emergency Response Teams and Government agencies. While we have developed specialized training programs for the Drug Enforcement Administration, U.S. Veteran Affairs and National Guard Civil Support Teams, our primary mission is to minimize deaths and injuries at industrial facilities from the accidental release of hazardous materials into the plant or the environment.
“Dean and his team have provided my HAZMAT team with the most thorough, hands-on and informative training for over 15+ years. “